Remote - About
Note: Remote control is only available within WEB API V3.
- Charging: Start the recharge of the vehicle.
- Stolen: Set the vehicle as stolen.
- Lights: Turn on/off vehicle lights.
- State: Refresh and retrieve vehicle status info.
- Preconditioning: Program heater or AC before the vehicle is being used.
- DoorsState: Lock/unlock the doors remotely.
- Horn: Honk the horn remotely.
- Immobilization: Immobilize the vehicle until you let it go again.
- Navigation: Send a remote navigation in the vehicle guidance system.
HOW DOES IT WORK? #
Step1: create a callback
First, you will have to set up a remote callback. If you are already working with monitors, it is almost the same as posting a monitor.
Callback is where you define the parameters of your webhook (URL, authentication) and the structure of the HTTP request you will receive as a notification.
Callbacks are specific to certain remotes, as you can subscribe them to one or more actions & they are reusable as you can use the same callback every time you need to execute a similar command.
It is possible to set a retry policy with a specific number and frequency, it’s useful in case of your webhook is temporary unavailable. You can also set a batch notify policy.
Note: At least one callback is required to post a remote action. But you can use only one callback for all your remote actions if you need only one webhook configuration. Indeed, if you need to have different webhook or notification policies, you can set several callbacks.
Step2: send a remote action
Once your callback is created, you will be able to send remote request to your vehicle (through Groupe PSA’s network). While the command is being processed by the vehicle, you will receive callback reports in your webhook.
When you send a remote action to a vehicle, you will receive several notifications as the action is processing:
- Pending: The remote action is in process (Accepted, Waking-Up, Send etc). You can receive several pending events.
- Done: The remote action is complete (Success, Failure etc).
Read this page more info about these notifications (and related errors).