Overview - About
WebPortal is a feature of the vehicle head unit allowing developing and running Apps in the infotainment system. WebPortal Apps have also access to many vehicle features.
- 👩🏽💻 Developers build embedded Applications for Stellantis (ex PSA brands) vehicles.
- 🚙 Vehicle Owners launch Apps directly from the media system of their car.
Be careful: WebPortal is not an open platform, all projects should first be approved by Stellantis team. Please contact WebPortal team before starting your project, checkout App Validation.
They are 2 different version of the vehicle head unit:
- NAC were produced between 2017 and 2021, supports ES5 & CSS2.
- IVI are produced since mid-2021, supports ES6 & CSS3.
Depending on the head unit version, vehicle APIs are not the same. However it is possible to build hybrid App, check out the Quickstart.
Build Embedded Apps #
As a developer, you can develop Applications for the WebPortal using standards web technologies.
Applications run in an iframe in a browser embedded (called WebPortal) in the infotainment system of the vehicle. Using web technologies, application development is easy for anyone used to the web standards.
- 🚗 But moreover, WebPortal application can access vehicle APIs giving access to embedded data and features, using window.postMessage.
- 🌏 As WebPortal is an embedded system, accessing internet should be done carefully. Also WebPortal has an implementation of MQTT.
Developing WebPortal Applications allows accessing dedicated vehicle features, check out References for an exhaustive list of APIs.
- 🚗 Driving: Get information about the vehicle & driving. VIN, speed, mileage, autonomy, level of battery and fuel etc.
- 🌍 Connectivity: Access internet & MQTT.
- 👩🏽💻 User Interactivity: Interact with the user thought interactive events, get informed of the user settings.
- 📺 Infotainment System: Control 🎵 audio & 📻 radio players, start a 📱 phone call on a paired device.
- 📍 Navigation: Get the current position, information about the current navigation, start new nav.